CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 15, 2013

These Are the Days of Our Lives

Another blogger wrote this weekend about the chapters of her lives, if she were to write a book, what would be important enough to have it's own chapter. So as I started reflecting on my chapters I realized that most people my age are "settled" into their lives. Whatever that means for them....they know how many children they have or will have. They know where their life is headed, have plans and goals. I don't. It's hard to even budget because month to month I have no idea where we'll be. I'm trusting in the Lord to write the book for me. I mean obviously I can write a few chapters. I can write about my childhood, and the Army, about Braden dying and what it's like to bury your child, I can write about Lane Michael being diagnsed with Diabetes, Epilepsy, Hoshimotos, and Celiac disease. I can write about Ethan's ADD, and Ryan's potty mouth. But I still don't feel like I can write about my family and my life. We have no idea where this foster journey will take us, we have no idea how many children our family will have when we stop adding to it, we have NO idea what Todd's job opportunities will be or where that will lead him. And so instead of "These are the Days of Our Lives" all I can really write is "this is today in my life" because tomorrow things could be headed in a completely different direction. So many unknowns! The wonderful part about this, I can rest in the Lord knowing He has WRITTEN my book and knows what my next step is, knows my families future and loves us more than we can imagine and has plans for us. Plans of prosper and not of harm!

0 comments: