CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 31, 2008

Bad Day but Feeling Good!

Last night was trick-or-treat and walking with my cousin gave me a chance to talk to her about a referral we got for a little boy in Asia, he is 13 months old with Downs. We got the referral yesterday afternoon. Todd was very resistant but we have one week to give our answer, then he will go to a different agency. We have pictures, medical info and the "getting started" paper work. We decided to pray for a few days before giving an answer, we aren't really talking about it, monetarily it would take me just days to be ready, emotionally I am ready, my heart has been softening to downs lately, it is no longer scary for me, it's something my family and I could do...but...there are oh so many reasons not to accept the referral...and just one reason to take it...but the one reason to take Azar into our family is a big one, a good one, an important one. Then today we found out that the little girl we applied to adopt won't be ours, the agency narrowed the 300 applications down to 5 and we weren't among them. As long as she goes to a good home then I'm ok with it. The thing is that I'm at peace with all of this. it's exhausting and sad but I'm ok with all of it. It's been a rough day but I feel good about it.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I will pray for you guys to make the right decision also. Please let me know what you decide and whenever you do get your child whether it be biological or not just let me know if you need anything. I will help out in any way that I can!!

Mama_x3 said...

Praying that God will lead you to the right decision for your family.

Jessa Fee said...

Wow, I didn't know you had begun the process of adopting a little girl. I'm sorry you weren't selected as one of the final five. I am following your blog now so I won't miss out on your news. What have you decided about Azar? Praying that God's will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven, Jessa

Jessa Fee said...

I feel moved to share with you this thought: Loving parents never regret the children they have had (or adopted); they only regret the ones they didn't have (or didn't adopt). Please share that with your husband if you will!